Over the past several months I’ve collected a ton of Internet tools that are useful for bloggers and marketers in my Evernote. I’ve organized all of them under the following categories: Content Marketing, SEO, Social Media and Productivity. So today I would like to focus on social media and want to feature some of the best social media tools for bloggers and marketers.
Most of the tools that I have mentioned here are free unless it’s marked as “Premium”. There is no way that you’ll need all the tools that I’ve listed here, but it’s going to be your starting point.
Top Social Networks
First things first. Let’s start with the most popular social networks.
Social Media Management, Analytics, & Marketing
If you’re a social media marketer (or an enthusiast) then you might know that managing all your social media accounts are quite a hassle. So the best way to tackle the situation is to use a professional social media dashboard. Here’s a collection of social media tools that helps to manage all your social networks — the expert way.
- Hootsuite — is one of the most popular social media dashboard to manage multiple social networks and measure your campaign results. The free plan supports up to 3 social profiles and the premium plan starts at $8.99/month.
- SocialOomph — is another popular social media management app that supports multiple social networks, RSS feeds, post scheduling, URL shortening, etc.
- Sprout Social (Premium) — is a social media management and engagement software that features a dashboard and supports real-time brand monitoring, post scheduling and drafting, with detailed analytics and reporting. Pricing starts at $59/month.
- TweetDeck (to manage Twitter accounts only) — is perhaps the most popular Twitter app (acquired by Twitter) to manage multiple Twitter profiles. It’s available on Windows, Google Chrome and Mac.
- Buffer — is the best app to schedule your social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. The free plan is nice enough for an average user and the premium plan (supports up to 12 social profiles, 15 RSS feeds, and 2 team members) starts at $10/month. Also try, Dlvr.it (Freemium), Postso (Premium –$14.95/month), Bulk Buffer (free extension that allows you to send multiple updates to your Buffer account), Edgar (invite only).
- Postific — is a social media management and marketing platform to help businesses find new customers and analyze their social engagement. You’re allowed to connect unlimited social accounts and it features post scheduling, RSS feeds, engagement and leads tracking, etc.
- Bitly — is not just an URL shortening tool it’s also good to update your Twitter or Facebook account.
- Bundle Post (Premium) — is a content curation platform that aggregates and schedules social media content efficiently. It offers a 30 day free trial with no credit card and the regular pricing starts at $19.99/month.
- ScheduGram (Premium) — if you use Instagram for marketing then you might need this tool as it supports multiple accounts and features web uploading and scheduling. It’s a premium tool and the pricing starts at $13/month.
- TrueSocialMetrics (Premium) — a social media marketing tool that provides insights about how to improve your social media presence. It measures the four key social media metrics: conversion rate, amplification rate, applause rate, and economic value for almost all major social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) in a single dashboard. Pricing starts at $30/month and it’s good to analyze up to 30 social media profiles. Also try, Crowdbooster (Premium).
- SumAll — is your all-in-one social media analytics and business dashboard that shows a comprehensive view of your social media and e-commerce data.
- Simply Measured (Premium) — provides an in-depth view of all your social media activities across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr etc. Pricing starts at $500/month. They also offer some free social media report tools that can be used to analyze your brand across Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Vine.
- Sniply — attach a call-to-action to every link that you share.
- Fanpoint (Premium) — to create and analyze contests and promotions on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Pricing starts at €49/month. Also try, ShortStack (Freemium).
Social Media Monitoring Tools
If social media marketing is crucial in your internet marketing strategies then you should consider making use of a social media monitoring tool that monitors your brand (and your competitors’) on the web.
- Mention (Freemium) — allows you to create custom alerts based on keywords (it can be your name, brand, or competitors) so that you will be be informed in real-time of any mention on the web (including social networks). The free plan supports up to 250 mentions per month and the premium plans starts at €29/mo (for up to 3,000 mentions per month).
- Netvibes (Freemium) — offers a social media dashboard for all your apps, pictures and tweets. The free plan comes with a dashboard and a reader, and the premium plan (costs $649/month) features brand monitoring, social analytics, etc.
- Cyfe — to track your entire business in real-time.
- Social Crawlytics — to identify the influencers in your niche and to discover your competitor’s most shared content.
- Social Mention — is a social media search engine that searches user-generated content on web 2.0 sites.
Social Media Productivity Tools
I have randomly picked the following productivity tools as I believe that it can improve your social media productivity in one way or the other.
- Klout — to track your social media success using the Klout Score. Klout is a content curation tool as well and can also be used to find, create, and share content.
- IFTTT — to connect all your web 2.0 apps (including social networks and productivity apps) to automate actions. Also try, Zapier.
- Typeform — is a free online survey tool that makes asking questions easy. Also try, SurveyMonkey.
- Beatrix (Premium) — is your social media assistant to create social media content. Pricing starts at $20/month.
- Unroll.me — to automatically cleanup your email inbox.
- KnowEm — to reserve your brand name on all popular social networks. It checks your desired username on over 500 popular social networks. Also try, NameChk.
- Right Relevance — is a free tool that you can use to find relevant content, influencers and conversations based on the topics that you enter.
- BuzzSumo (Freemium) — to find out the best performing content of your competitor.
- Pocket — is perhaps the best way to save and archive articles, videos, and more. Also try, Readability & Instapaper.
- Diigo — is the best way to bookmark stuff on the web. Also try, Delicious.
- Google Alerts — to monitor the web for interesting content.
- Newsle — to follow a topic closely or to follow someone who matters to you. Also try, Prismatic.
Tools to better manage your Facebook campaigns.
- Facebook Audience Insights — is an official tool by Facebook that gives marketers insights about their target audiences (including aggregate information about geography, demographics, purchase behavior and more).
- Fanpage Karma — is a social media analytics and monitoring tool that provides valuable insights on posting strategies and performance of your (or your competitor’s) social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
- Post Planner — helps you improve your Facebook engagement rate. Pricing starts at $29/month. Also try, EdgeRank Checker.
- LeadSocial — for actionable recommendations based on your Facebook data.
- AgoraPulse (Premium) — is an all-in-one platform to manage your Facebook (and Twitter) page. Pricing starts at $29/month.
- PostAcumen (Premium) — offers competitive Facebook analytics that enables you to monitor your competitors and their strategies. Pricing starts at $20 per page per month.
- LikeAlyzer — get quick stats about any Facebook page. Also try, Recommend.ly.
- ShareGrab — to find the most shareable content from any Facebook page.
Tools to better manage your Twitter campaigns.
- Commun.it — is a Twitter management software that helps you manage your Twitter relationships, followers, lists with free analytics and social insights. Also try, SocialBro (Freemium).
- ClickToTweet — is a free tool that allows you to promote your stuff on Twitter. Just write the message that you want others to share in a box and get its direct link. So people can quickly share your message on Twitter in just one-click. Also try, Pay With A Tweet (Freemium).
- NeedTagger — allows you to identify people on Twitter who need your products, services, content and advice.
- SocialRank — allows you to identify, organize, and manage your Twitter followers.
- Twitter Analytics — is the official Twitter tool that provides insights about the performance of your organic Tweets.
- Twitonomy — gets you detailed and visual analytics on anyone’s Tweets, RTs, @replies, etc. and also provides insights about people who you follow and those who are following you back.
- Topsy — is a social search, monitoring, and analytics tool that’s maintaining a comprehensive index of all Tweets since 2006.
- Tweetchup — is a free twitter analytics tool that analyze your (or your competitor’s) Twitter interactions, connections, keywords and hashtags.
- Tweriod — lets you know the best time to tweet by analyzing your timeline.
- Followerwonk — tells you who your followers are, where they’re from, and when do they tweet.
- FunnelFeed (Premium) — generates a list of suggested tweets based on keywords, or hashtags, or your Twitter account so that you can easily engage with your list of Tweets (and track its progress). Pricing starts at $9.99/month.
- TweetReach — to find out the popularity of your Tweets.
- Unfollowers — to manage your Twitter following and followers. Also try, Tweepi.
- Friend or Follow — to unfollow people who are not following you back. Also try, ManageFlitter.
- Hashtagify — allows you to find relevant and popular hashtags to reach your audience. Also try, Tagboard, Hashtags.org.
- Twibble — to publish content from any RSS feed to Twitter with the ability to schedule tweets.
- Twitter Bio Generator — is a fun tool that can be used to generate a random Twitter bio for yourself.
Tools to better manage your Pinterest campaigns.
- Pinstamatic — gets you more from Pinterest.
- Pinwords — is a tool that allows you to add beautiful text to your images and instantly share it on Pinterest.
- Pin Search (Chrome Extension) — perform a reverse Google Image Search on any picture on Pinterest in one-click.
- Hangouts On Air — start video broadcasting on your Google+ profile, or your YouTube channel, or on any website.
- CircleCount — helps you better understand Google+. Also try, Circloscope — to automatically discover the engagers you need to follow on Google+.
- Friends+Me (Freemium) — allows you to cross-post your Google+ posts across all social networks. It also supports scheduling of posts and reposts. The free plan is good for up to 5 accounts and the premium plan starts at $9/month.
- Steady Demand — is a Google+ brand page audit tool.
- All My Plus Statistics — is a free Google+ analytics tool that can fetch data from any Google+ profile or page.
- Do Share (Chrome Extension) — allows you to schedule posts on Google+.
Yes, you guessed it right. Social media is worthless without images. You can use the following tools to create awesome images for social media.
- Canva — is a free image creation tool for beginners and professionals.
- Placeit — to create free product mockups and designs.
- Meme Generator — is a free meme generator that you can use to create your own meme or to browse the most popular Internet memes.
- Imgflip Meme Generator — is a free image maker tool that allows you to add text to images or memes.
- GIFMaker — to create free animated gif images online. Also try, Make A Gif.
- Infogr.am — to create a custom, branded chart or infographic. Also try, Piktochart, Creately, Easel.ly, Lucidchart.
- Photovisi — is a free online photo collage maker. Also try, BeFunky.
- LiveLuvCreate — to create beautiful quote photos. Also try, Quozio, Recite This, Share As Image (Premium).
- Someecards — create and browse ecards that you can share on social media. Also try, Rottenecards.
- Subtle Patterns — download free patterns that you can use as background images on your social media profiles or to create social media posts. Also try, The Pattern Library.
- Iconfinder — offers a huge collection of icons that you can download. Also try, The Noun Project.
- CloudApp — to create a GIF of your desktop or record your screen and instantly receive a link to share. Also try, ScreenCast, Camtasia (Premium), Snagit (Premium).
- Awesome Screenshot — is the best screen capture tool for Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Also try, Page2Images, Jing, Evernote Skitch.
- PicMonkey — is a free online photo editing tool that’s perfect for quick touch ups and editing. Also try, Pixlr.
- Adobe Photoshop (Premium) — is the big daddy of all image editing software. Also try, GIMP (Free).
Content Curation Tools
Here are some of the best tools that help you curate content on the web.
Content Discovery Tools
Apart from using your favorite social networks or websites, you can use the following tools to find great content.
The list should never end here as I’m sure that I might have missed one of your favorite social media tool. So let me know as a comment below and I’ll be glad to feature it.
Happy Marketing! 🙂
Image Credit: Flickr