Google Chrome is much more than just a browser and that’s how it became the web’s favorite internet browser. Here is a quick list of the best Google Chrome extensions in 2021 that is updated frequently.
- AdBlock – to block ads and pop-ups on YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and your favorite websites.
- Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder – to capture full webpages or the visible part or even specific fragment of the page. You can also edit and annotate screenshtos and can even record screencasts. It works better than Awesome Screenshot & Screen Recorder (my previous favorite).
- GoFullPage – to capture the screenshot of a full web page. Alternative: Webpage Screenshot.
- Context Menu Search – to search for selected text in different search engines – using right-click menu.
- Counting Characters – to count letters, characters & words (with an inbuilt UPPERCASE, Titlecase & lowercase converter).
- Rich URL – to copy hyperlinks in various formats from a single tab or multiple tabs of your browser window. It’s much more smarter than Create Link, Copy All URLs, and Copy URL To Clipboard (my previous favorites).
- Microsoft Editor – an intelligent grammar, spelling, and style checking writing assistant – from Microsoft.
- Save to Pocket – to bookmark, or read later, or to read web pages offline.
- Save to Feedly Board – to quickly save an article you are reading in your browser in one of your Feedly boards.
- Google Input Tools – lets you type in the language of your choice.
- Picture-in-Picture Extension – allows you to watch videos in a floating window (always on top of other windows) so you can keep an eye on what you’re watching while interacting with other sites, or applications.
- Find & Replace For Text Editing – Adds search & replace tool for input fields and editable text content.
- WhatRuns – to find technologies (frameworks, web analytic tools, WordPress plugins, fonts, etc.) used on any website you visit.
- WhatFont – to identify fonts on web pages.
- NoFollow – to outline nofollow links, detect nofollow and noindex meta tags on webpages.
- Color by Fardos – to pick colors from websites, save colors & gradients, get matching shades and tints and create beautiful gradients.
- ColorZilla – a simple eyedropper, color picker, and gradient generator.
- ColorPick Eyedropper – a zoomed eyedropper & color chooser tool that allows you to select color values from webpages and more.
- Site Palette – to extract colors from a web page.
- PerfectPixel – lets you put a semi-transparent image overlay over the top of the developed HTML and perform pixel perfect comparison between them.
- Hover Zoom+ – to automatically enlarge or zoom images/videos on all your favorite websites (Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, etc).
- Alexa Page Rank – to display the Alexa Rank of the current website.
- MozBar – gives you instant SEO metrics while viewing any page or SERP.
- SimilarWeb – see website traffic and key metrics for any website, including engagement rate, traffic ranking, keyword ranking and traffic source.
- Keywords Everywhere – a freemium chrome extension that shows you monthly search volume, CPC & competition data on 15+ websites.
- Open SEO Stats – to easily access the SEO stats of the current web page, in addition to getting information on backlinks, indexed pages, cached pages, socials, Whois, Geo IP location and more.
- TubeBuddy – a must-have extension for YouTube Creators.
- vidIQ – a TubeBuddy alternative with more features.
- Page Analytics (by Google) – to see how customers interact with your web pages.
- SERPTrends SEO Extension – to show SERP dynamics on Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Essential SEO Toolkit – a collection of useful SEO tools, which when clicked opens the tool using the current URL.
- SEO Minion – helps you in your daily SEO tasks such as On-Page SEO analysis, Broken Link Checking, SERP Preview and more.
- SEOquake – provides you with key SEO metrics, along with other useful tools such as SEO Audit and several others.
- SEO Analysis & Website Review by WooRank – for instant SEO analysis and website reviews of any webpage for SEO, mobile, usability and social media.
Your friendly neighborhood blogger,
First Published: December 30, 2020; Last Updated: Sunday, January 17, 2021.